About our Company
We Make Hotels. Sydell Group builds and operates unique properties that are a reflection of their neighborhoods, a celebration of architecture and design, and a gathering place for visitors from near and far. Our hotels are collaborations among exceptional talent from the creative, culinary, and retail worlds, and our goal is to create travel experiences that offer inspiration and a sense of connection to our respective cities. Sydell Group's diverse portfolio of award-winning hotels include NoMad New York and Los Angeles; The LINE LA, DC and Austin; Freehand Miami, Chicago, LA and New York; The Ned, London and Park MGM, Las Vegas; as well as the forthcoming NoMad Las Vegas and NoMad London.
We are seeking a dynamic Assistant Front Office Manager to join our team. A successful candidate will have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Greet every guest with a smile and maintain eye contact
- Must be courteous and gracious, maintaining a professional demeanor at all times
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes adhering to the proper dress code when working
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow colleagues and other departments within the hotel
- Supervises daily front office functions to ensure courteous and professional guest service levels
- Resolve guest complaints in a satisfactory manner
- Coordinate daily group arrival/departure preparation, special requests, room assignments and guest amenity programs
- Assist in scheduling front office staff appropriate to forecasted business levels, when needed
- Follow up with front office staff on daily shift and individual duties
- Provide verbal instruction and guidance compliant with the company’s policies and standards
- Support and comply with hotel policy and company policy in matters concerning accounting, purchasing, credit and cash handling
- Responsible for maintaining front office/lobby appearance while on duty
- Maintain proper collateral and supply inventory to support all appropriate front office activities
- Coordinate relocation of guests when necessary
- Maintain proper operation of all aspects of our Property Management System
- Understand all fire/safety procedures and provide necessary assistance to guests and employees in the event of an emergency
- Participate in scheduled departmental and administrative meetings as requested
- Play an active role in recruitment, interviews, onboarding and training
- Play an active role in your departments development and engagement
- Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos and verbal instructions
- Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures including OSHA requirements
- Attend relevant meetings
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three (3) years related experience in hospitality or service industry preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Ethical Conduct
- Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office, Opera PMS
- Positive Attitude
- Eye for Detail
- Problem solving abilities
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive wages and benefits while fostering a diverse and inclusive work experience.
We thrive in being a diverse work environment. Consideration for employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About our Brand
Inspired by the idea of the grand European home, NoMad is a collaboration of the finest talent in architecture, design, food and beverage, and hospitality. The heart of NoMad’s culture is expressed through highly personalized service, resulting in a rich, layered guest experience. Romantic and refined, NoMad feels more like a residence than a hotel, celebrating the tension between classic design and modern luxury.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)