About our Company
We Make Hotels. Sydell Group builds and operates unique properties that are a reflection of their neighborhoods, a celebration of architecture and design, and a gathering place for visitors from near and far. Our hotels are collaborations among exceptional talent from the creative, culinary, and retail worlds, and our goal is to create travel experiences that offer inspiration and a sense of connection to our respective cities. Sydell Group's diverse portfolio of award-winning hotels include NoMad New York and Los Angeles; The LINE LA, DC and Austin; Freehand Miami, Chicago, LA and New York; The Ned, London and Park MGM, Las Vegas; as well as the forthcoming NoMad Las Vegas and NoMad London.
We are seeking a dynamic Director of Banquets to join our team. A successful candidate will have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and an entrepreneurial spirit. Director of Banquets will oversee of the overall Banquet & Events Operations of Food and Beverage Division while maintaining O&A LINE Management LLC quality standards and maximizing profitability.
- Must be courteous and gracious, maintaining a professional demeanor at all times
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow colleagues and other departments within the hotel
- Build strong partnerships with internal customers and outside vendors
- Oversee the Banquet & Catering functions and events
- Oversee recruiting, managing, training and developing all food and beverage staff
- Assist in design and develop division policies and operating budget including, but not limited to forecast, payroll and labor costs.
- Must negotiate and create win-win situations for customers, owners, and employees
- Evaluate and develop processes to maintain and improve performance and productivity
- Work closely with the General Manager of the property to create exceptional culinary and guest experience throughout their visit
- Ensure compliance in maintaining standards of health, safety, and sanitation throughout the operation
- Be fluent in P&L analysis; and take ownership of all financial and budgetary data
- Responsible for F&B related costs and budgets ensuring profitable operation including and not limited to Labor, COGS, Operational Expenses, and A&G
- Ensure staff understands their job expectations before holding them accountable
- Work closely with the Director of F&B to support and achieve the O&A LINE Management LLC & Hotel's goals and objectives
- Attend meetings, department head, resume and BEO meetings.
- Degree in hospitality preferred
- At least 4 years as a F&B department head/ general manager role or higher
- At least 5 years in a hands-on hospitality management role, supervising employees
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word in particular) and POS systems
- Have a working basic knowledge of employment-related federal and state laws
- Strong organizational and time management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Positive leader who sets a good example
- Ability to train and supervise managers
- Have patience and integrity
- Ability to make evaluative judgments and give constructive criticism
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English Language
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Work well under pressure, requires being a team player
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive wages and benefits while fostering a diverse and inclusive work experience.
We thrive in being a diverse work environment. Consideration for employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About our Brand
Designed in collaboration with Sean Knibb, the LINE LA, originally built in 1964, embraces its mid-century bones and culturally rich neighborhood to create an inspiring boutique hotel experience. A place of community and gathering, the LINE LA’s lobby welcomes travelers and neighbors alike. Between locally crafted dishes, a shop locally-curated by art and design collective Poketo, and nightlife vibes designed by the Houston Brothers, the LINE delivers a rich, layered, urban experience unlike any other in Los Angeles.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)