About our Company
We Make Hotels. Sydell Group builds and operates unique properties that are a reflection of their neighborhoods, a celebration of architecture and design, and a gathering place for visitors from near and far. Our hotels are collaborations among exceptional talent from the creative, culinary, and retail worlds, and our goal is to create travel experiences that offer inspiration and a sense of connection to our respective cities. Sydell Group's diverse portfolio of award-winning hotels include NoMad New York and Los Angeles; The LINE LA, DC and Austin; Freehand Miami, Chicago, LA and New York; The Ned, London and Park MGM, Las Vegas; as well as the forthcoming NoMad Las Vegas and NoMad London.
We are seeking a dynamic Security Manager. A successful candidate will have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Establish and maintain good communication and teamwork with fellow colleagues and other departments within the hotel
- Offer guests an enjoyable experience that conforms to the LINE’s standards of excellence, professionalism and friendliness
- Interview, select, review, and counsel security officers to maintain order throughout the hotel
- Train new employees according to all corporate specifications, including documentation
- Assign duties and schedule staff, balancing needs of hotel and productivity standards
- Monitor staff activity and coach subordinate performance
- Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around building
- Conduct walk through observations of the entire hotel
- Promote safe work practices
- Ensure compliance with OSHA standards and preventative measures
- Develop and administer safety incentive programs
- Chair Safety Committee and enforce safety programs
- Develop, revise, and advise key personnel of emergency procedures
- Investigate accidents, thefts, property loss, and unlawful activities by documenting details and advising management
- Track departmental safety records and document medically treated and non-treated injuries
- Coordinate and monitor for efficiency safety and security related programs for overall hotel, including lost and found process, auditing of issuance of hotel keys, chemical, CPR, and Fire Preparedness training, evacuation drills, etc.
- Compile and distribute departmental reports, such as property loss correspondence
- Read incoming correspondence and disseminate pertinent information to staff members
- Organize and conduct departmental safety committee meetings
- May also coordinate “walk throughs” of hotel with security staff as needed for inspection purposes, coordinate training of department and termination of all security department personnel, work with staff on all “special events” programs within the hotel and participate in courses related to filed to remain current
- Take ownership of all service issues brought to your attention by guests
- Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues throughout the hotel
- Participate in scheduled departmental and administrative meetings as requested
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive wages and benefits while fostering a diverse and inclusive work experience. We thrive in being a diverse work environment. Consideration for employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About our Brand
Freehand exists for a new generation of urban explorers who seek a deeper connection to the places they visit and a community of likeminded travelers. A mix of private and European-style shared accommodations, comfortable and inspiring public spaces and celebrated food and beverage programs offer a unique home to those traveling alone or together on any budget. At the heart of each Freehand is a passion for connecting guests to the magic that defines their respective cities through a vibrant calendar of events showcasing emerging local creative talent.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)