About our Company
We Make Hotels. Sydell Group builds and operates unique properties that are a reflection of their neighborhoods, a celebration of architecture and design, and a gathering place for visitors from near and far. Our hotels are collaborations among exceptional talent from the creative, culinary, and retail worlds, and our goal is to create travel experiences that offer inspiration and a sense of connection to our respective cities. Sydell Group's diverse portfolio of award-winning hotels include NoMad New York and Los Angeles; The LINE LA, DC and Austin; Freehand Miami, Chicago, LA and New York; The Ned, London and Park MGM, Las Vegas; as well as the forthcoming NoMad Las Vegas and NoMad London.
We are seeking a dynamic Assistant Director of Housekeeper to join our team. A successful candidate will have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be courteous and gracious, maintaining a professional demeanor at all times
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow colleagues and other departments within the hotel
- Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos and verbal instructions
- Maintain “open door” communication with employees
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory and cash control
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting, training, guiding, managing and scheduling personnel
- Participate in the development and implementation of processes and standards for assigned departments which support achievement of service and financial goals
- Monitor housekeeping staff to ensure early room cleanliness for prompt check in. Ensure Associates are briefed on daily needs. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement and enforce appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction
- Ensure all staff is properly trained on systems, security procedures, and service standards (room cleanliness standards) and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of the annual budget; monitor achievement of budget and take corrective steps as appropriate
- Inspect rooms and public space areas continuously
- Determine appropriate staffing levels for forecasted business and schedules employees accordingly
- Implement process for providing employees with customer service, technical and safety training on an ongoing basis
- Track the inventory, purchasing and disbursement for all linens, cleaning supplies, customer room and restroom supplies, laundry supplies, etc.
- Supervise the operation (and/or outsourced relationship) with the laundry
- Monitor assigned departments with compliance to safety standards
- Coordinate room availability with the Front Office Manager
- Monitor and develop employee performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling, evaluations, setting annual goals and delivering recognition and reward
- Establish par levels for supplies, linen, uniform and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business and balancing check book
- Ensure that work is accurate, thorough, and to the standards of the Director of Housekeeper and the company
- Ensure staff understands their job expectations before holding them accountable
- Seek to understand the guest and internal customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the company
- Maintain awareness of documentation needed and retained in employee files
- Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures including OSHA requirements
- Attend relevant meetings
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three (3) years related experience in hospitality or service industry preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Ethical Conduct
- Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office, Opera PMS, HotSos
- Positive Attitude
- Eye for Detail
- Problem solving abilities
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive wages and benefits while fostering a diverse and inclusive work experience.
We thrive in being a diverse work environment. Consideration for employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About our Brand
Designed in collaboration with Sean Knibb, the LINE LA, originally built in 1964, embraces its mid-century bones and culturally rich neighborhood to create an inspiring boutique hotel experience. A place of community and gathering, the LINE LA’s lobby welcomes travelers and neighbors alike. Between locally crafted dishes, a shop locally-curated by art and design collective Poketo, and nightlife vibes designed by the Houston Brothers, the LINE delivers a rich, layered, urban experience unlike any other in Los Angeles.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)