About our Company
We Make Hotels. Sydell Group builds and operates unique properties that are a reflection of their neighborhoods, a celebration of architecture and design, and a gathering place for visitors from near and far. Our hotels are collaborations among exceptional talent from the creative, culinary, and retail worlds, and our goal is to create travel experiences that offer inspiration and a sense of connection to our respective cities. Sydell Group's diverse portfolio of award-winning hotels include NoMad New York and Los Angeles; The LINE LA, DC and Austin; Freehand Miami, Chicago, LA and New York; The Ned, London and Park MGM, Las Vegas; as well as the forthcoming NoMad Las Vegas and NoMad London.
We are seeking a dynamic Engineer to join our team. A successful candidate will have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow coworkers and other departments within the hotel
- Ensure maintenance requests assigned to you are completed competently, with minimum disruption to hotel guests and coworkers within the assigned timeframe
- Ensure all log books and record sheets are correctly completed and kept up to date prior to finishing your shift
- Assist with maintenance operations including refrigeration, heating, plumbing, electrical, ice machines, lighting, kitchen equipment, IT/switch rooms, etc.
- Inspect and maintain electrical equipment such as compressors, circulation pumps, filters, outlets, thermostats and ice machines
- Assist with preventative maintenance and equipment maintenance in accordance with established timeframes
- Ensures that all standby units are readily available for operation
- Remain updated on all projects or activity status within the department
- Repair wall coverings and paint throughout the hotel
- Inspect, repair and replace safety equipment, fire hoses cabinets, water valves, fire extinguishers, fire escapes, etc.
- Maintain an appropriate variety and quantity of engineering tools and supplies
- Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos and verbal instructions
- Ensures cleanliness and sanitation at the workplace
- Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures including OSHA requirements
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three (3) years related experience in hospitality or service industry preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Ethical Conduct
- Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office, Opera PMS
- Positive Attitude
- Eye for Detail
- Problem solving abilities
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive wages and benefits while fostering a diverse and inclusive work experience.
We thrive in being a diverse work environment. Consideration for employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About our Brand
Saguaro is that colorful hotel in the desert. Saguaro is a good time. It’s not that complicated. There’s plenty of sunshine, a buzzing pool scene and lots of local flavor. The bold color palette is the work of architects Peter Stamberg and Paul Aferiat, who have infused the property with hues that reflect the indigenous flowers that bring color to the desert landscape. Completed in 2012, The Saguaros were ground-breaking projects that added a bright and cheerful vibe to the neighborhoods that surround them.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)