About our Company
We Make Hotels. Sydell Group builds and operates unique properties that are a reflection of their neighborhoods, a celebration of architecture and design, and a gathering place for visitors from near and far. Our hotels are collaborations among exceptional talent from the creative, culinary, and retail worlds, and our goal is to create travel experiences that offer inspiration and a sense of connection to our respective cities. Sydell Group's diverse portfolio of award-winning hotels include NoMad New York and Los Angeles; The LINE LA, DC and Austin; Freehand Miami, Chicago, LA and New York; The Ned, London and Park MGM, Las Vegas; as well as the forthcoming NoMad Las Vegas and NoMad London.
We are seeking a dynamic Restaurant Host to join our team. A successful candidate will have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be courteous and gracious, maintaining a professional demeanor at all times
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow colleagues and other departments within the hotel
- Offer guests an enjoyable experience that conforms to the LINE’s standards of excellence, professionalism and friendliness
- Provide guests with menus
- Greet guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas
- Assign patrons to tables suitable for their needs
- Inspect dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup
- Speak with patrons to ensure satisfaction with food and service, and to respond to complaints
- Receive and record patrons' dining reservations
- Maintain contact with Kitchen staff, management, serving staff, and customers to ensure that dining details are handled properly, and customers' concerns are addressed
- Inform patrons of establishment specialties and features
- Direct patrons to waiting areas such as lounges
- Operate cash registers to accept payments for food and beverages as needed
- Prepare cash receipts after establishments close
- Supervise and coordinate activities of dining room staff to ensure that patrons receive prompt and courteous service
- Assist in planning functions or other special events and services
- Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues throughout the hotel
- Participate in scheduled departmental and administrative meetings as requested
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One (1) year related experience in hospitality or service industry preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Ethical Conduct
- Positive Attitude
- Eye for Detail
- Problem solving abilities
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive wages and benefits while fostering a diverse and inclusive work experience.
We thrive in being a diverse work environment. Consideration for employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About our Brand
More than a group of hotels, The LINE is a creative community built around a sense of discovery — an exploration of a building, a neighborhood, and a culture. From Koreatown in LA to Adams Morgan in DC to downtown Austin, each property is architecturally interesting and chosen for its location in emerging neighborhoods in compelling cities. LINE hotels are both reflective and responsive— shaped by the communities they are part of while also contributing something new to those places. LINE properties are a collaboration of the best local and out-of-town talent in design, food and beverage, arts and culture.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)