About our Company
We Make Hotels. Sydell Group builds and operates unique properties that are a reflection of their neighborhoods, a celebration of architecture and design, and a gathering place for visitors from near and far. Our hotels are collaborations among exceptional talent from the creative, culinary, and retail worlds, and our goal is to create travel experiences that offer inspiration and a sense of connection to our respective cities. Sydell Group's diverse portfolio of award-winning hotels include NoMad New York and Los Angeles; The LINE LA, DC and Austin; Freehand Miami, Chicago, LA and New York; The Ned, London and Park MGM, Las Vegas; as well as the forthcoming NoMad Las Vegas and NoMad London.
We are seeking a dynamic Events Bartender to join our team. A successful candidate will have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Greet every guest promptly with a smile and maintain eye contact
- Must be courteous and gracious, maintaining a professional demeanor at all times
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow colleagues and other departments within the hotel
- Offer guests an enjoyable experience that conforms to the hotel’s standards of excellence, professionalism and friendliness
- Demonstrate expert understanding and knowledge of the sequence of service, following this sequence for every guest.
- Possess expert knowledge of the POS system to correctly and strategically coordinate guest food and beverage orders
- Stock the bar areas with beer, juices, soft drinks, glassware and condiments
- Must have full knowledge of menu items, their ingredients and preparation techniques
- Develop a complete working knowledge of all products served by the bar, i.e. beers, cocktails, specialty drinks, etc., daily specials as well as what is not available. Ensure proper pouring, mixing, blending, etc. of drinks
- Ensure that all details of service are performed properly and that every guest receives the highest quality of service
- Maintain a clean and organized bar at all times, clearing dishes and glassware whenever possible
- Ensure that the bar is clean, stocked and all side opening and closing duties are completed
- Follows alcohol awareness procedures and policies
- Take ownership of all service issues brought to your attention by guests
- Responsible for receiving payment for all items ordered, receives and correctly handles cash, appropriate receipt and distribution of gratuity
- Assist coworkers in any task necessary to ensure a great environment for guests and coworkers
- Participate in scheduled departmental and administrative meetings as requested
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three (3) years related experience in hospitality or service industry preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Ethical Conduct
- Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office, Opera PMS
- Positive Attitude
- Eye for Detail
- Problem solving abilities
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive wages and benefits while fostering a diverse and inclusive work experience.
We thrive in being a diverse work environment. Consideration for employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About our Brand
Saguaro is that colorful hotel in the desert. Saguaro is a good time. It’s not that complicated. There’s plenty of sunshine, a buzzing pool scene and lots of local flavor. The bold color palette is the work of architects Peter Stamberg and Paul Aferiat, who have infused the property with hues that reflect the indigenous flowers that bring color to the desert landscape. Completed in 2012, The Saguaros were ground-breaking projects that added a bright and cheerful vibe to the neighborhoods that surround them.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)