About our Company
We Make Hotels. Sydell Group builds and operates unique properties that are a reflection of their neighborhoods, a celebration of architecture and design, and a gathering place for visitors from near and far. Our hotels are collaborations among exceptional talent from the creative, culinary, and retail worlds, and our goal is to create travel experiences that offer inspiration and a sense of connection to our respective cities. Sydell Group's diverse portfolio of award-winning hotels include NoMad New York and Los Angeles; The LINE LA, DC and Austin; Freehand Miami, Chicago, LA and New York; The Ned, London and Park MGM, Las Vegas; as well as the forthcoming NoMad Las Vegas and NoMad London.
We are seeking a dynamic Bell Person to join our team. A successful candidate will have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Greet every guest with a smile and maintain eye contact and escort them to their rooms
- Must be courteous and gracious, maintaining a professional demeanor at all times
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes adhering to the proper dress code when working
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow colleagues and other departments within the hotel
- Handle all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism which includes accommodating special requests whenever possible, resolving customer complaints, assisting customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc.
- Open vehicle doors and property doors for guests and employees
- Greet all guest passing through lobby and offers them assistance
- Escort guests to room upon arrival and provide an adequate room orientation; during transit provide genuine interest and anticipatory service towards guest
- Handle and tag guest luggage, deliver luggage to rooms upon check-in, pick up luggage from room upon departure, and move the luggage to storage or the front drive as needed
- Maintains proper records of deliveries and pick-ups
- Ensure all calls are answered in a courteous, efficient and professional manner
- Maintain constant communication between all departments as needed
- Possess knowledge of all hotel services and amenities
- Responsible for maintaining front office/lobby appearance while on duty
- Coordinate relocation of guests when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include but is not limited to accepting dry cleaning from guest and secure for pick up by dry cleaning company, delivering clean laundry, guest mail/messages or sundry items to guest rooms; running errands for guests and the hotel that may require local travel off the hotel property and responding to other special requests
- Understand all fire/safety procedures and provide necessary assistance to guests and employees in the event of an emergency
- Participate in scheduled departmental meetings as requested
- Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos and verbal instructions
- Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures including OSHA requirements
- Attend relevant meetings
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three (3) years related experience in hospitality or service industry preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Ethical Conduct
- Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office, Opera PMS
- Positive Attitude
- Eye for Detail
- Problem solving abilities
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive wages and benefits while fostering a diverse and inclusive work experience.
We thrive in being a diverse work environment. Consideration for employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About our Brand
Inspired by the idea of the grand European home, NoMad is a collaboration of the finest talent in architecture, design, food and beverage, and hospitality. The heart of NoMad’s culture is expressed through highly personalized service, resulting in a rich, layered guest experience. Romantic and refined, NoMad feels more like a residence than a hotel, celebrating the tension between classic design and modern luxury.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)