About our Company
We Make Hotels. Sydell Group builds and operates unique properties that are a reflection of their neighborhoods, a celebration of architecture and design, and a gathering place for visitors from near and far. Our hotels are collaborations among exceptional talent from the creative, culinary, and retail worlds, and our goal is to create travel experiences that offer inspiration and a sense of connection to our respective cities. Sydell Group's diverse portfolio of award-winning hotels include NoMad New York and Los Angeles; The LINE LA, DC and Austin; Freehand Miami, Chicago, LA and New York; The Ned, London and Park MGM, Las Vegas; as well as the forthcoming NoMad Las Vegas and NoMad London.
We are seeking a dynamic Engineering Supervisor to join our team. A successful candidate will have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Fulfill general office duties including typing, filing, phone answering, etc.
- Maintain property operations log, balance ledger to general ledger monthly, assist in maintaining inventories and ordering supplies
- Coordinate activities of Engineering staff through work assignments in cooperation with the Chief Engineer
- Assume administrative duties in accordance with changing requirements
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure the execution of the repair and maintenance schedule
- Assist in maintaining all Engineering documentation and records
- Assist the Chief Engineer with interviewing, selecting, training, guiding, managing and scheduling personnel
- Coordinates daily with Housekeeping and Front Office for the readiness of the guest rooms
- Provide a first line contact for the Engineering Department for internal and external customers and/or contractors
- Manage the issuing and cancellation of security passes or keys to staff and contractors
- Manage key and lock changes to offices and order necessary supplies when needed
- Coordinate mobile phone usage within the department
- Order and manage all furniture requests for the hotel
- Keep data and updated records of operating equipment within the department.
- Respond effectively to all telephone queries and complaints, using effective listening, questioning and problem-solving skills
- Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos and verbal instructions
- Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures including OSHA requirements
- Attend relevant meetings
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three (3) years related experience in hospitality or service industry preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Ethical Conduct
- Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office, Opera PMS
- Positive Attitude
- Eye for Detail
- Problem solving abilities
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive wages and benefits while fostering a diverse and inclusive work experience.
We thrive in being a diverse work environment. Consideration for employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About our Brand
More than a group of hotels, The LINE is a creative community built around a sense of discovery — an exploration of a building, a neighborhood, and a culture. From Koreatown in LA to Adams Morgan in DC to downtown Austin, each property is architecturally interesting and chosen for its location in emerging neighborhoods in compelling cities. LINE hotels are both reflective and responsive— shaped by the communities they are part of while also contributing something new to those places. LINE properties are a collaboration of the best local and out-of-town talent in design, food and beverage, arts and culture.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)