About our Company
We Make Hotels. Sydell Group builds and operates unique properties that are a reflection of their neighborhoods, a celebration of architecture and design, and a gathering place for visitors from near and far. Our hotels are collaborations among exceptional talent from the creative, culinary, and retail worlds, and our goal is to create travel experiences that offer inspiration and a sense of connection to our respective cities. Sydell Group's diverse portfolio of award-winning hotels include NoMad New York and Los Angeles; The LINE LA, DC and Austin; Freehand Miami, Chicago, LA and New York; The Ned, London and Park MGM, Las Vegas; as well as the forthcoming NoMad Las Vegas and NoMad London.
We are seeking a dynamic Baker/Pastry Cook to join our team. A successful candidate will have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be courteous and gracious, maintaining a professional demeanor at all times
- Establish and maintain good communication and teamwork with fellow colleagues and other departments within the hotel
- Offer guests an enjoyable experience that conforms to the hotel's standards of excellence, professionalism and friendliness
- Responsible for a wide variety of baking production: from classic Americana-style pastries to viennoiserie to sourdough hearth style breads, and from ice cream to pâte de fruit
- Possess a passion for producing a wide variety of pastry and baking in a high volume, fun and challenging kitchen
- Responsible for his or her baking and prep lists throughout the shift, including ensuring all needed supplies for the shift are available, prepped timely and according to training, and finished and labeled accurately
- Work with all other employees within the hotel as a contiguous team; maintain open, respectful communication with all staff
- Maintain a tidy, organized work space, and personal health and hygiene in conformation with established sanitation standards
- Approach the craft of baking with an inquisitive and open mind, take notes and adjust processes according to Head Baker’s direction, and own the responsibility to raise each other up as a team
- Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures including OSHA requirements
- Attend relevant meetings
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three (3) years related experience in hospitality or service industry preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Ethical Conduct
- Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office, Opera PMS
- Positive Attitude
- Eye for Detail
- Problem solving abilities
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive wages and benefits while fostering a diverse and inclusive work experience.
We thrive in being a diverse work environment. Consideration for employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About our Brand
More than a group of hotels, The LINE is a creative community built around a sense of discovery — an exploration of a building, a neighborhood, and a culture. From Koreatown in LA to Adams Morgan in DC to downtown Austin, each property is architecturally interesting and chosen for its location in emerging neighborhoods in compelling cities. LINE hotels are both reflective and responsive— shaped by the communities they are part of while also contributing something new to those places. LINE properties are a collaboration of the best local and out-of-town talent in design, food and beverage, arts and culture.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)