About our Company
We Make Hotels. Sydell Group builds and operates unique properties that are a reflection of their neighborhoods, a celebration of architecture and design, and a gathering place for visitors from near and far. Our hotels are collaborations among exceptional talent from the creative, culinary, and retail worlds, and our goal is to create travel experiences that offer inspiration and a sense of connection to our respective cities. Sydell Group's diverse portfolio of award-winning hotels include NoMad New York and Los Angeles; The LINE LA, DC and Austin; Freehand Miami, Chicago, LA and New York; The Ned, London and Park MGM, Las Vegas; as well as the forthcoming NoMad Las Vegas and NoMad London.
We are seeking a dynamic Restaurant Prep Cook to join our team. A successful candidate will have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be courteous and gracious, maintaining a professional demeanor at all times
- Establish and maintain good communication and teamwork with fellow colleagues and other departments within the hotel
- Prepare all food items to order, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits
- Prep assigned items according to the Master Prep Lists and par levels set by management nightly
- Communicates with Chefs about low stock, orders needed for the next day and any complications from the day/night shift
- Properly measure and assemble ingredients required for preparing the standard recipes
- Use scale to ensure proper portioning of food items
- Minimize waste of products
- Accept or reject ingredients based on quality and quantity
- Clean, organize and maintain walk-in refrigerator, reach-in refrigerator, cooler drawers, prep, and dry storage area
- Maintain prep/kitchen area in a clean, sanitary and safe manner
- Rotate product according to “First In, First Out” to maintain shelf-life standards and able and Date all products
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards
- Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item
- Participate in scheduled departmental and administrative meetings as requested
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two (2) years related experience in hospitality or service industry preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Ethical Conduct
- Positive Attitude
- Eye for Detail
- Problem solving abilities
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive wages and benefits while fostering a diverse and inclusive work experience.
We thrive in being a diverse work environment. Consideration for employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About our Brand
More than a group of hotels, The LINE is a creative community built around a sense of discovery — an exploration of a building, a neighborhood, and a culture. From Koreatown in LA to Adams Morgan in DC to downtown Austin, each property is architecturally interesting and chosen for its location in emerging neighborhoods in compelling cities. LINE hotels are both reflective and responsive— shaped by the communities they are part of while also contributing something new to those places. LINE properties are a collaboration of the best local and out-of-town talent in design, food and beverage, arts and culture.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)