About our Company
We Make Hotels. Sydell Group builds and operates unique properties that are a reflection of their neighborhoods, a celebration of architecture and design, and a gathering place for visitors from near and far. Our hotels are collaborations among exceptional talent from the creative, culinary, and retail worlds, and our goal is to create travel experiences that offer inspiration and a sense of connection to our respective cities. Sydell Group's diverse portfolio of award-winning hotels include NoMad New York and Los Angeles; The LINE LA, DC and Austin; Freehand Miami, Chicago, LA and New York; The Ned, London and Park MGM, Las Vegas; as well as the forthcoming NoMad Las Vegas and NoMad London.
We are seeking a dynamic Dishwasher/Steward to join our team. A successful candidate will have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be courteous and gracious, maintaining a professional demeanor at all times
- Establish and maintain good communication and teamwork with fellow colleagues and other departments within the hotel
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through the dish or glass machine
- Sort and stack clean dishes
- Carry clean dishes to the line and other proper storage areas
- Change dishwater in dish machine three times per shift or as needed
- Pick up dirty pans and pots from the line through service, wash, dry and then restock items on the line
- Wash cooking equipment by hand in 3-bay sink
- Bring trash and garbage to dumpster once per day shift and twice per night shift or as needed and sweep trash around dumpster and receiving area
- Set up or break down dishwashing area
- Responsible for rinsing, polishing and delyming the machine
- Sweep mop floors twice a shift or as needed to keep the kitchen, stairs, dry storage, walk-in coolers and the line clean and sanitary
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry and clean
- Notify manager when dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temp
- Never touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first
- Check assigned stations and follow attached duties that are assigned to the dish station
- Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues throughout the hotel
- Participate in scheduled departmental and administrative meetings as requested
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Related experience in hospitality or service industry preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Ethical Conduct
- Positive Attitude
- Eye for Detail
- Problem solving abilities
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive wages and benefits while fostering a diverse and inclusive work experience.
We thrive in being a diverse work environment. Consideration for employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About our Brand
More than a group of hotels, The LINE is a creative community built around a sense of discovery — an exploration of a building, a neighborhood, and a culture. From Koreatown in LA to Adams Morgan in DC to downtown Austin, each property is architecturally interesting and chosen for its location in emerging neighborhoods in compelling cities. LINE hotels are both reflective and responsive— shaped by the communities they are part of while also contributing something new to those places. LINE properties are a collaboration of the best local and out-of-town talent in design, food and beverage, arts and culture.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)